It’s safe to say that everyone involved in the building industry is very much looking ahead to the new year. One way to ensure you are poised to make the most of the opportunities to come is to join the Home Builders Association of Southern Colorado.
Membership in the HBASC means you’re automatically signed up for the Colorado Association of Homebuilders and the National Association of Home Builders. You’ll receive benefits from all three organizations and their focus on industry leadership at the local, state-wide, and national levels.
The HBASC: Your Local Community
Membership in the HBASC can be a critical step in growing your business here in the Four Corners area. Networking opportunities put you in touch with other professionals in the industry, providing the chance to grow your contacts list, share best practices, and gain ideas for new business. Members regularly offer referrals and discounts to other members as well.
Raising awareness for members and the local building industry is one of the main objectives of the HBASC. The group’s flagship event is the annual Parade of Homes, featuring new construction and extensive remodels by building professionals in the Durango area. Participants showcase their homes to visitors looking to learn more about La Plata County builders in person, through the full color magazine, and in the online gallery. Learn more about this celebration of design, craftsmanship, and new technologies and how you can join in.
The HBASC also offers ways to get involved in areas of special interest:
- Want to become an advocate for the industry? Sign up for the Government Affairs Committee.
- Enjoy working with youth? Check out the Trades in Training program and help local kids learn and pave the way for a career in the skilled trades.
- Interested in helping us grow? Volunteer some time to handle outreach to members or become a resource for local media—various opportunities are available.
A Unified Voice in the CAHB
Headquartered in Denver, the Colorado Association of Homebuilders focuses on participating in legislative processes and measures that support the Colorado housing industry. Your membership in the HBASC adds your voice to the mix, strengthening the call for a favorable environment for development.
The CAHB also has state-wide programs to assist members in becoming more profitable. They include:
- A rebate program that gives money back for products you already use. Major manufacturers offer this benefit to CAHB members to inspire loyalty.
- Insurance discounts through the Western Pacific Insurance Network Risk Management and Insurance Program. Builders and related professionals can find a number of carriers and policy options at lower prices through this program.
- A Business Diagnostic Plan of Action created for your company by Small Business Growth Partners. This consultancy may be available to evaluate your company and develop a plan with you to boost the bottom line.
The NAHB: Education and More
One of the top benefits of being part of the National Association of Home Builders is the opportunity to further your knowledge and expertise in this ever-changing industry. You have the option to take courses and join webinars to develop skills in aspects of your business that may be on the back burner, such as marketing and sales.
The NAHB also offers certifications that position you as an expert in your field. Examples include designations you can pursue to keep you in step with today’s demands, such as Certified Green Professional and Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist. If you’re veteran homebuilder in Southwest Colorado, earning your Graduate Master Builder certification is a way to let prospective clients know why they should work with you.
The NAHB helps members stay up to date with national building trends. The organization publishes Builder Magazine, sent to all members, and the website is rich in news and articles worth reading. The NAHB performs studies and forecasts concerning the health of the industry, and can provide legal support and resources for interacting with local government in a positive way.
You also benefit from NAHB agreements with several national firms that can net significant savings for your business and family. These include automobile companies, business services firms, freight companies, and more.
If you have any questions about how these memberships work or any other aspects of the three associations, contact us in Durango. The HBASC can fill you in, and when you join us we can get you log in information right away for the other two organizations. We look forward to working with you!